Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ironwood Ridge @ Tucson High

The high school football experience in Tucson is really pleasant.Last Friday,under the lights,I ventured over to Tucson High.In the late `70s, when I was going to Catalina High School, I don`t think I would have gone there alone.There was an enormous crowd ( Homecoming may have been a factor).Other than the parking problems,it was a very enjoyable evening.I`m really impressed with the respect offered to the away teams and bands.I was really happy to see The Ironwood Ridge Band there.
Of course they made me feel right at home,when I realized that they use The Michigan State Fight Song,a song I grew up on because my older brother played trumpet in The MSU Band.These games really are a showcase of a huge number of  young people doing positive things. Between the teams,bands,cheerleaders or classmates there to support their friends, a lot of good things are going on.here.

No comments: