Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Believer

A common theme to this blog is the essential nature of marching band to college football.When my sister read me this passage out of her Michigan Alumnus/Spring,2011 edition,I had to reprint it here to show that I`m not the only one.
A Band Fan
When Brady Hoke runs out of the tunnel onto the field of Michigan Stadium this fall as head coach,he will break a personal tradition he established during his previous tenure at U-M."It will literally be the first time because I`ve never run out of that tunnel.I always came out early because I wanted to see the band come out of the tunnel.I was down on the field."He admits he`s going to miss that tradition."I`m serious.There`s nothing like it;there`s nothing like it.And then when that team comes out,and the crowd,how it goes from a buzz to a roar-unbelievable."
That`s the part of college football that ESPN doesn`t show the home audience.

No comments: